I joined slimming world last Tuesday and have already lost 8lb in the space of 2 weeks. I wanted to make a Chicken and Leek potato bake but couldn’t find a suitable slimming world friendly recipe. So I decided to experiment and make my own. It was absolutely delicious and all 3 of us scoffed the lot. And because its free on the EE plan, you can eat as much as you like. Just remember to serve it with your speed veggies
You will need…
1. Thinly slice potatoes and par-boil for about 5 mins. Don’t over boil them or they will turn to mush. You just want to soften them a bit. Then drain.
2. Dice the chicken breast and slice the leek. Spray a frying pan with frylight and fry them together until the chicken is just cooked through.
3. Mix the tub of quark with 2 eggs.
4. Spray a shallow, ovenproof dish with frylight and lay enough potato slices to just cover the bottom. Dollop a heap of the quark mix and spread thinly, just covering the potatoes. Add some of the chicken and leek mixture on top.
5. Follow this with another layer of potatoes and another thin layer of quark.
6. To finish, mix the remaining quark with the chicken and leek and spread thickly on top.
7. Bake in the oven for half an hour at 180 or until golden brown on top.
8. Enjoy with freshly steamed broccoli or as left overs the next day with a lovely garden salad. Serves 4.
(If you want to, you can crumble up a slice of bread as your HE.b choice and scatter on top. You can also add milk to the quark if you want it creamier as your HE.a or as syns)
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my Fusilli Lunghi Carbonara – which is also free on slimming world!
* * * * *