Many people have personal challenges they would like to achieve. Some to stop smoking, some like to do Dry-January or Mo-vember, some to run a marathon or do a skydive. This month I am doing Blog-tober. Throughout October, I will be publishing a new blog post every day. One day, I hope to be able to make a living from this blog. Not be mega rich (although it would be nice) but earn enough to be comfortable. When I’m not writing it, I’m thinking about it. When I’m not ramming my posts down my friends and family’s throats, I’m trying my damnedest to promote it everywhere else. I’m very sentimental about it. Sometimes, I take it personally when people I know and love don’t read it. But when a stranger recognises me from it and tells me that they follow it, I literally want to sing and dance and cry all at once.
There are a number of bloggers taking part in Blogtober and I’m sure if you have a quick search on twitter you’ll spot some of them. Each day has a writing prompt to follow and some of them are easier than others. Some of them I know exactly what I will write… Some of them are causing me to seriously scratch my head. And allll of them are taking a lot of work and planning.
Today’s prompt was a fairly easy one… ‘All about me’. If you already read my blog, you’ll know the basics. Mum of three, married, living in Peterborough etc, blah blah blah.. But just the other day, a friend of mine said “you’ll always be weird but that’s why I like you!” so based on that, here are some things you perhaps didn’t know.
- I wear odd socks almost every day.
- I always hold the door open if somebody behind me is going through the same door. It really narks me when people don’t say thank you. MANNERS ARE FREE, PEOPLE!
- I’m a child of the 80’s. I love 80’s music but strangely shit at 80’s movie trivia. Mention a film & I probably haven’t seen it.
- I was obsessed with green for a very long time but currently, I live in my new red boots
- I own 3 pairs flip flops. I never wear them. Ever.
- I doodle on things allllll the time .
- Christmas is my favourite holiday. To the point of obsession. Decorations go up in November and my tree has to be immaculate. I own more Christmas jumpers, t-shirts, socks and pjs than all of my other clothes.
- I can do cartwheels.
- I can do a handstand underwater.
- I can hula hoop. Rather well actually. My hips don’t lie… apparently! Haha..
- My eyes change colour. Sometimes they are brown, sometimes more green.
- I hate talking on the phone to people yet somehow, this has been my job for almost 10 years!
- I have 3 tattoos. One of which is a cabbage on my wrist.
- I’m very passionate. I go from 0 to obsessed in seconds. I can’t just like stuff. I love stuff. Feircly.
- I sometimes get a bit emotional and take it personally when people aren’t as passionate as me. I’m learning to cope with that. Cope with, not change. I don’t want to change it.
- I was born in Croydon
- I like beards. Neat ones. Well groomed ones.
- I prefer the sunset over the sunrise. I’m a night owl, not a morning person at all. Yuck!
- I hate my bedroom. Actual hate.
- I’m not afraid of snakes. I like them. Bloody hate spiders though.
- I like green tea. And everyday tea. And breakfast tea. And Chai. But daily, I drink Assam.
- I can pick out about a million flaws in my selfies or other pictures of me but I don’t want my kids to have body issues or hangups so I post them anyway. I just cringe in silence.
- Also, I think it’s important that if I die, they have pictures of me. Looking how they saw me every day. Not filtered to fuck and only my ‘best side’ – whatever that is.
- I have to pee right now. But I need to get this post ready.
- I didn’t know I was pregnant until 21 weeks with my first. Nope. No clue.
- When I’m trying not to swear… Ah Fuck it, Who am I trying to kid…? I swear all the time.
- I have freckles.
- I want pet chickens. Again. They make awesome pets and have funny personalities.
- I dislike the wind (unless I’m flying kite.)
- But I love the rain. I have been known to strip down to just a vest top while out walking in it and get absolutely drenched to the core.
- I’ve had 5 piercings.
- I’m the oldest of 7 children.
- I sing and dance obnoxiously when I’m home alone.
- I prefer silver over gold.
- I prefer emeralds over diamonds.
- I often go against the crowd. I had rainbow hair about 5 or 6 years ago… before the world was obsessed with unicorns pineapples and flamingoes and shit.
- But I do love succulents.
- I got married in cowboy boots.
- I don’t own a swimming costume. I can move from one point of water to another but I would not call it swimming!
- The last highlighter I used was pink.
- I used to know the first three ballet positions. But I never went to ballet lessons.
- I miss my grand-dad. Whole heaps. He’d really bloody love my kids!
- I hate washing up.
- My favourite smell is the one you get from the box when you get the Christmas decorations out of the loft. Breathe it in.
- I can line dance. I’ve actually taught people to line dance too.
- Full-fat coke is better than full-fat Pepsi.
- But Pepsi Max is better than Diet Coke or Coke Zero.
- I’m in way too many facebook groups. I can barely keep track.
- I play with my belly button. Gross right?
- Knees and fingernails make me cringe. Just don’t.
- I believe in love at first sight.
- This is already too long. So I’m ending it here
- Or maybe.. here.
- Give me 3 facts about yourself in the comments! Or tell me what your personal challenge is. Also, wish me luck with this!
A few days after writing this post, I wanted to test out my new camera for it’s vlogging capabilities. I had no particular vlog material I wanted to film so I did a video version of this post. If you wanna relive everything you’ve just read and have me tell it to you in person, just hit play! xx
*This post has been day 1 of #Blogtober – A ‘blog-post-a-day’ challenge. Check out Day 2: 7 things you probably didn’t know about having a baby here.*
*You can also check out other bloggers posts in the Blogtober 17 linky*