I’ve been trying to get my hospital bag packed for weeks now and I can finally say I’m done!
I can’t believe that Paisley could literally be here any day now. I’m already the most pregnant I’ve ever been at 38 weeks and 1 day.
You can read last weeks Pregnancy update here.
Of course she *could* go over her due date, but in all honesty, I don’t see it that happening, not with the talk of induction at previous appointments and constant monitoring of her, my blood pressure, bloods, urine and everything else.
I have a hospital appointment today where they will try and turn her as she is currently breech. They have said if she doesn’t turn a caesarean section would be best but I’m not happy with that so hoping she moves and then stays put.
So are we ready for her impending arrival? I think I can confidently say yes. I know what days family members have off work so I know where I can leave Dexter. Dexter has a bag packed in case he has to stay overnight somewhere. We got the biggest pile of nappies at my baby shower last night. She’s got plenty of clothes and blankets and things. We have a moses basket set up in the living room and one on my side of the bed upstairs.
We’re all set!
So, what exactly is in my hospital bag? Well, I’ll tell you…
- Loose and comfortable clothes.
- Loose and comfortable pjs.
- Disposable pants and pants that I’m not bothered about ruining.
- Nursing bra’s.
- Colouring book, scribble pad and pens. I was waiting around a LOT last time so I’m prepared. Other people might take a book or a crossword/puzzle book).
- Tankini – Just in case everything goes lovely and I get the water birth I’d really like.
- Thick socks (instead of slippers).
- Snacks and drinks (I might consider sharing these with Liam haha).
- Phone charger.
- V cushion.
- Toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, facial wipes, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, etc).
- Tissues (a lot of tears last time too).
- Facial spritz/water spray.
- Maternity pads.
- Breast pads.
- Flip flops for the shower.
- Clean t-shirt for after the labour. I was sick on him last time so this will be handy.
- Deodorant so he can freshen up too.
- Cotton wool.
- 2 Babygrows.
- 3 Vests.
- Scratch mits.
- Nappy bags.
- Home made Cord Tie (see my last pregnancy update)
So thats what I’ve packed. How about you? Is there anything I’m missing on here that you think is an essential? Or is there anything on here that you have decided to leave out? Really curious to know what other people pack. Leave me a comment on here, facebook or twitter and let me know.